Welcome to the Insanity Round!
In case you're new to the comm, this is just a day of the week where we give you ten prompts, and you pick one to write a drabble on and post it in the comments! (Artwork is welcome too!)
If you'd like to track the activity on today's post, just click on the "track this" link at the bottom.
So read the prompts, write a story, submit a prompt! But most of all, have fun!
1) Aim for about 100 words. Longer or shorter is okay, just try to keep it in one comment. (note: this is more to give you a guideline than anything. Your drabble can be as long as you want--but we're not looking for a multi-chapter fic here!)
2) Post your drabble as a reply to the comment the prompt is from.
3) Put the prompt you used as the subject. If you just want to comment on something, leave the subject line blank. This will make it easier to navigate once the threads start collapsing.
4) If posting an entry with NSFW content, please warn in subject line and the first line of the fic.
5) After writing your drabble, write down three or more prompts of your own at the end of each reply.
6) Prompts should generally be short, no more than a sentence. Prompts may include characters and/or pairings. In that case, try to also include some word prompt (i.e. Kasumi/Thane, sporks), unless you feel your configuration of characters is exotic enough to be inspiring on its own.
7) The same prompts may be filled multiple times. By the same person, even, if inspiration strikes. No need to hold back!
As the Mass Effect 3 Extended Cut dropped recently, PLEASE make sure to mark anything drawing on the EC with an ME3 EC SPOILER
(<B>ME3 EC SPOILER</B>) warning at the top of the entry (since Subject lines are not reliable in LJ any longer).
The core ME3 game has been out long enough (five months) that spoiler warnings for it are no longer required.
1. That's not how you use that
2. Let me show you
5. To explore new worlds
6. Boldly going where no one has gone before
7. Dammit, I'm a ____, not a doctor
8. Look at the size of that thing
9. I can imagine quite a bit
10. I'm away for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur